Check out my Unreal Engine 4 courses right here: https://devaddict.teachable.com
Greystone with no weapon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_D3d0dWToQAJZDlXJbqDTetzKO3fAFF6/view?usp=sharing
Subscribe to 3dEx: https://www.youtube.com/user/irvin390
►Subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGxt9c_CREmnquHjPEknHYw?sub_confirmation=1
►Business Email: email@example.com
In this Unreal Engine 4 tutorial video, you will learn how to equip weapons in Unreal Engine 4. Specifically, we will be equipping a melee weapon. I am using a Battle Axe given to me by the great artist over at 3dEx. Be sure to check out his channel and subscribe. He has a lot of tutorials and courses on ZBrush and making weapons and assets and such for games.
First, we’ll be adding the Paragon Greystone character which is free on the Epic Marketplace. But, I have gone ahead and removed the sword that comes attached to the character. I removed it in Blender and re-exported it to work in UE4. So be sure to download this asset as well from the download link above. And then import the character into your project as I show in the video.
Once imported, the character will work with the default Greystone skeleton. And you now have a Paragon character that doesn’t have a weapon stuck in his hand. This means that you are ready to equip a weapon! So next we’ll make a base weapon class. You will make all your weapons from this base class. Most of the weapon functionality you setup will be in this base class. Then the player just attached the child weapon blueprints. Easy!
To equip and attach weapons, I like using Interfaces for this sort of thing. We don’t have to cast which can be bad for performance. So, we use an interface. If you’ve never use Interfaces before, then pay attention to this part because they’re very powerful and make like a lot easier in my opinion.
OTHER VIDEOS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
○ God of War’s Axe Throw – https://youtu.be/Yf3xKOf8Z3o
○ I Made a Game In 6 Hours In Unreal Engine 4 – https://youtu.be/uPlJNgn-_LM
○ I Tried To Make Subway Surfers In 8 Hours – https://youtu.be/zw0blYNW2Os
○ Adding Vehicles To My FREE Battle Royale Template – https://youtu.be/oecnOZwy3-o
○ Make A Top Down Shooter in Unreal Engine 4 – https://youtu.be/nI1KcW3mjAA
○ Multiplayer Melee Combat Tutorial for UE4 – https://youtu.be/dxYDOOvqtQI
○ Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial for Beginners – https://youtu.be/qeKDRqWtGV0
○ My First Indie Game Devlog – https://youtu.be/9nI_Na2Wa2g
○ A Day in the Life of an Indie Developer – https://youtu.be/Br5mQ_mmftw
○ Realistic Dynamic Lighting in Unreal Engine 4 – https://youtu.be/cywvAq4dAeQ
○ Make a Co-op Survival Game in UE4 – https://youtu.be/maG2YnVnIVM
○ Steam Multiplayer Tutorial Series – https://youtu.be/Vw3d9Kwd6v8